A waterfront paradise beyond your wildest dreams awaits you at this classic 6-bedroom, 5 1/2 bath Chesapeake home! Featuring breathtaking sunset views over the water, this 6,169 sq ft house & 900 sq ft guest house on 4 1/2 acre property are located just 3 miles south of the charming town of North East, MD, providing equal parts seclusion and fun. Spend your days lounging on your private beach w/ 467' of shoreline & enjoying the sun! Boasting a traditional feel, this home was originally built in 1910 but has been completely renovated and redecorated, keeping its old-school charm but offering modern amenities as well. The main house features a spacious living room with gorgeous antique furnishings that immediately make you feel at home. The addition of Great Room, Florida Room, Professional office, kitchenette, 1 of 3 master suites was added to accommodate large family gatherings.The fully equipped kitchen in the main house features smooth wooden cabinetry and modern appliances. Spend afternoons whipping up delicious creations for dinner as a family. The dining room seats 10 people and its elegance makes it perfect for a formal affair. Enjoy your meals together seated under a beautiful, glittering chandelier. The main house also has a large living room, an office, a laundry room with washer and dryer, a large lower patio and a screened-in upper porch. The patio and porch both face the water and have lots of seating for lounging and relaxing. The lower patio has a barbecue grill and a teak dining table which seats eight - perfect for alfresco dining while enjoying the fabulous view.In the main house, youâll find 4 bedrooms, 3 of which offer private bathrooms. Another room in the main house can be used as a TV room or as a 5th bedroom. In the guest house, youâll find a sitting room, a full bathroom, and 2 bedrooms. Both the house & guesthouse are air conditioned. Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds, this incredible waterfront home offers gorgeous views of Cara Cove, the North East River, and Upper Chesapeake Bay. The outdoor living spaces at this home are divine, featuring a wooded picnic area with two picnic tables that are perfect for a picnic or a feast of steamed Maryland crabs with Old Bay Seasoning, a favorite pastime enjoyed by almost all "Marylanders". The private beach features several Adirondack chairs for relaxing and gazing out over the Bay. The beach is great for swimming but be aware that you should bring beach shoes because the beach has stones and pieces of shale for a little ways out into the water. Property also has a 175â pier with electric boat lift and floating dock from which you can swim and tie up your boat after a day spent water skiing, fishing, or just cruising around.This home and the Chesapeake, what a great place to live and play. Hiking for nature and serenity. It will appeal to those who appreciate a well-cared for garden and a quality home. The home is convenient to several major northeastern cities.The property is extremely private, and great for fishing, hiking, and swimming. Local fishermen have made it known that your very own dock sits in one of the best bass fishing areas on the entire upper Chesapeake! There are several parks nearby with a multitude of hiking trails several of which end in fabulous vista. No need to worry about power loss. This home includes a generator that runs off of propane.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
5 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Electric Water Heater
Brick, Stick Built, Wood Siding, Other Constructio
6,169 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Cecil County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Office, Florida Room, Attic
- Studio Efficiency
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen, Galley Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Kitchenette
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Washer, Stacked Washer/Dryer, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Tile, Marble, Ceramic Tile, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil, Wood. Radiant, Forced Air, Zone, Stove.
- Full, Poured, Unfinished Basement
- Bay Window(s), Casement, Double Pane, Wood Frame, Vinyl Frame
- 4. Brick, Gas Burning, Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Wood-burning, Stone.
- Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Security Gate, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, wine storage, Wood Floors, Combination Living/dining Room, Beamed, High Ceiling, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway.
- Wood, Brick, Other
- Brick, Deck, Enclosed, Patio, Porch, Screened-in, Balcony
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Panoramic, River, Water, Other, Scenic
- Lot Dimensions
- Body of Water
- North East River
- Privacy Fence, Other
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Riprap, Water Front, Private Dock, Grill - Outdoors, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Outside Shower, Playground, Sidewalks, Satellite Dish, Front Yard, Landscaped, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard, Fishing. Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, No Thru Street, Open, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Rural, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Vegetation Planting, Other.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price